When feeding whole foods to your dog you want to stick with foods that are easy to digest and cooked in healthy ways. Use common sense when choosing foods and never give spoiled or moldy food of any kind to your dog. When in doubt, toss it out.
This is a list of common foods that I never ever feed my dogs:
- white potatoes
- fried, battered, or BBQ meats
- hot dogs, luncheon meat, potted meat
- bread, biscuits, toast, crackers
- muffins, pancakes, cake, donuts
- junk food, French fries, tater tots
- ice cream, candy
The point is not to just give your dog anything and everything. The point is to give him a variety of healthy foods and in doing so it will provide him with a variety of nutrients. Empty calories should not be in your dog’s diet.